At Carefour we believe that with the correct care and support, people with learning disabilities, autism or related conditions are able to live an active and fulfilling life.
We recognise that each person is an individual with their own particular levels of need, personal interests and aspirations and we enjoy working closely with you to help you achieve your goals. By keeping an open mind and a flexible approach, we can help you develop while importantly remaining happy and safe within your own home. Our focus is on you and your needs, enabling you to achieve excellent outcomes.
Our carers have practical experience of a wide range of complex care and support needs. We deliver highly relevant training, incorporating the very latest innovations and techniques.
We tailor our approach to suit you and we have techniques and ideas to share with you to make your time with us as rewarding, interesting and enjoyable as possible. Our recruitment policies are robust. These include detailed screening and interview with at least two of our experienced recruitment team, two references from the most recent employers and a thorough background investigation, including an application for an up to date DBS Certificate. This is followed by our in-house induction training.
We are totally flexible. We can provide you with a Carefour Carer either once or twice a week, you can receive a regular visit every day or, if you prefer, we can provide you with 24-hour live-in care. Sometimes, your needs will change and so we will change to complement your requirements.
Carefour can help you:
- To stay independent – manage your money, bills and shopping.
- To stay in touch – with friends, family, social groups and clubs, colleges or schools.
- To Keep fit – plan your meals, attend medical appointments, go to the gym, take regular exercise.
- To maintain a healthy routine – getting ready, washing, going to bed, help you with your daily household chores like washing, ironing, hoovering and cleaning.
- To remain safe in your own home – by only allocating a carer that you have met before. We also keep in touch with all of our carers providing you with regular support and training. All of our carers have access to a special mobile app which regularly updates our specialist support team around the clock. This will allow you to have complete peace of mind, 24/7.
- Communication – we always encourage open interaction with you and your carers in order that we may respond instantly to any changes in your needs and requirements.
Please contact our friendly care team and together we will find a care plan which will be tailored to meet your individual needs.