At Carefour, we are committed to promoting equality, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work. We believe that everyone has the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and fairness, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Our mission is to provide person-centred care to our clients and their families, and this includes ensuring that our services are accessible and tailored to meet the diverse needs of the communities we serve. We strive to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone feels valued and empowered to contribute to our shared goals.
To achieve this, we are committed to:
- Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We believe that a diverse workforce helps us to better understand the needs and perspectives of our clients and enables us to deliver high-quality care that is sensitive to cultural, linguistic, and other differences.
- Providing training and support to our staff to promote cultural competency, inclusivity, and sensitivity to diversity. We ensure that our staff are equipped with the knowledge and skills to understand and respond to the needs of our clients, regardless of their background or identity.
- Ensuring that our policies and practices are free from discrimination, bias, and harassment. We recognise that discrimination and harassment can have a devastating impact on individuals and communities and are committed to ensuring that everyone who interacts with our organisation is treated with dignity and respect.
- Encouraging and celebrating diversity in all forms, including cultural, linguistic, and religious diversity. We recognise the richness and value that diversity brings to our organisation and actively seek to promote and celebrate it wherever possible.
- Specifically supporting and advocating for the rights and needs of the LGBTQ+ community. We recognise that LGBTQ+ individuals and communities have faced significant discrimination and marginalisation and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all LGBTQ+ individuals. We support and advocate for LGBTQ+ rights and provide specific training and support to our staff to enable them to deliver appropriate and sensitive care to LGBTQ+ clients and their families.
We recognise that achieving equality and diversity requires ongoing effort, and we are committed to working collaboratively with our staff, clients, and partners to create a culture of respect, understanding, and inclusivity. We believe that by doing so, we can deliver the highest quality care to all those we serve, regardless of their background or identity.